Do you want to sell it alone or should you get a REALTOR? There are some real advantages to getting a REALTOR, such as the MLS system, our many marketing tools, the access to many properties and realestate statistics as well all the knowledge, training and experience of a REALTOR is a definate asset.
Using a REALTOR(R) to SELL your home.
Some homeowners think that selling their own home will save money. Before you start down this complicated path, here are a few reasons why using a real estate professional is important:
1) You will be drastically limiting your exposure to potential buyers, which means it can take between 10 and 15 times longer to sell your home. Houses that take a long time to sell usually sell for less because buyers believe there must be something wrong with them.
2) Most buyers find negotiating with sellers extremely awkward, and therefore avoid For Sale By Owner situations.
3) Most buyers use a REALTOR in their home search, and most buyers' agents will typically avoid FSBOs because they are not guarenteed to be paid. This means you will have to offer a selling commission to attract buyer's agents, which will cut into your expected "savings."
4) Lack of negotiating experience can result in a lower selling price, or worse, a bungled contract and possible lawsuits. It is probably unwise to try your negotiating skills against those of experienced professionals.
5) If you plan to use a lawyer to help you negotiate, your lawyer's fees could be considerably higher than what you might pay in commissions. Unlike Realtors, lawyers do not get paid for proactively representing your best interests or mediating delicate situations.
6) You only pay a commission to your Realtor if they successfully sell your home at a price you are happy with.
7) REALTORS(R) know Real Estate, and the market is always changing. Trust a professional to protect your largest asset.
The web is a wonderful tool, please see below for some links to websites that are very helpful.
For some good info on buying a home or selling your home visit. www.howrealtorshelp.ca
The Real Estate Council of Alberta has a multitude of tools to help in the buying ot selling process. visit the website at https://www.reca.ca/consumers/index.htm
Dont forget to read the Agency Relationship Guide or view the video.