Symptoms of iron deficiency in seniors
(NC)—Dr. Cathy Carlson-Rink, a licensed naturopathic physician and registered midwife, points out some of the symptoms of iron deficiency in seniors:
• Decreased cognitive function
• Decreased ability to concentrate
• Increased frequency of infection
• Dark circles under the eyes
• Brittle hair and nails
• Shortness of breath
• Restless legs, and cold hands and feet.
Dr. Carlson-Rink also says “a serum ferritin test is the best way to identify iron deficiency. For years, I have recommended Salus Floradix, a liquid iron supplement that is plant-based, so it does not lead to iron overload, and is also additive and preservative free.”
More information can be found online at www.requiredforlife.com or toll-free at 1-888-436-6697.