Why Should I Move to Madoc?
Madoc is a small country town with lots to offer! Just 30 minutes north of Belleville/401!
Madoc has several restaurants, churches, a retirement home, medical centre, dental practice, pharmacy, a full sized grocery store, hardware and building supply stores, a dairy, farmers market, two public schools, a high school, golf course, and a premier 12,700 sq ft skate park with a large playground, splash pad and arts centre. There is also a new commercial development north of Hwy 62 just on the edge of Madoc where there is currently a Tim Hortons and McDonalds already built. There is also an OPP detachment and Fire Station in Madoc.
Just on the outskirts of Madoc sits a historic pioneer village and conservation area called O'Hara's Mill. There is restored buildings and a sawmill, and many events are hosted there, such as Heritage Day with live demonstrations, to Maple Fest in the spring.
For the recreation enthusiasts, there is the Madoc Motocross, which is one of the best motocross tracks in Ontario. There is also Moira Lake, which is ideal for all kinds of boating and fishing. Moira Lake also hosts many community events, from ice fishing derbies to non-motorized regattas.
And better yet, the average price of a 3 bedroom home in Madoc is only $215,000, which compared to the April 2015 Ontario average of $481,090, means you're gonna get a lot more for your money! There are many affordable family homes in the area, with dozens priced below $200,000.
For those looking to work, play or move to the country, Madoc is the place for you!
Pictures - Moira Lake, Madoc-Durham Street
CENTURY 21 Lanthorn Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage*
CENTURY 21® Awards* CENTURY 21 Awards Criteria
- 2016 - #18 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2016 - #60 Producer by Production in Canada
- 2016 - DOUBLE CENTURION® Producer
- 2015 - #16 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2015 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2015 - Masters Hall of Fame
- 2014 - CENTURION® Honor Society
- 2014 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2013 - #41 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2013 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2012 - #42 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2012 - DOUBLE CENTURION® Producer
- 2011 - #31 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2011 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2010 - #12 Producer by Units in Canada
- 2010 - CENTURION® Producer
14 Genereaux Rd, Tweed, ON K0K 3J0
0 Barker Rd, Madoc, ON K0K 1Y0
0 Hwy 7, Tweed, ON K0K 3J0
0 Barker Rd, Madoc Twp, ON K0K 1Y0
10 Richardson Rd, Sophiasburg, ON K0K 2T0
22 Mothers Rd, Tweed, ON K0K 3J0
10 Richardson Rd., Sophiasburg, ON K0K 2T0
39 Woods Rd, Madoc, ON K0K 2K0
124 Rollins St, Madoc, ON K0K 2K0
16669 Hwy 2, Trenton, ON K8V 5P7
13200 Hwy 62, Madoc, ON K0K 2K0
0 Mile Point Lane, Madoc, ON K0K 2K0