Spring Forward with Less Clutter!
It’s time to spring into action and clean your home. Spring cleaning may never become effortless, but there are things you can do to make the task more manageable.
The tips below are some basic techniques that will help you clean in any room.
- Work from the top down, inside to outside. This avoids getting what you just cleaned dirty again.
- Do one room or area at a time to ensure you complete one area before moving to another section. The satisfaction of seeing one clean room will make the hard work worth it.
- When tidying, reduce trips around the house by placing that you need in one spot near where you are cleaning.
- Do two things at once. For example, while a load of laundry is going you can clean the bathtub or shower walls.
- Make small repairs to areas that need tending to. If you need to hire someone, it’s good to ask your neighbours to see if they can refer you to a good handy person.
- Invest in good rubber or vinyl gloves to protect your skin and nails.
- Dust before vacuuming or cleaning the floor. Always work from the top of a room down, vacuuming the dust that settles on the floor.
- Buy mops with a squeeze mechanism and a decent-size heavy-duty pail.
- Get a broom holder to avoid destroying your broom’s shape.
- Ensure Fire Safety is up to date. Batteries in smoke detectors should be changed twice a year and make sure units are free of dust.
Spring cleaning is also a great time to declutter your home. Take a look around and consider the last time you used something and why you’re keeping it. If you can’t remember the last time you needed an item or you just need to get rid of some old furniture, it might be time to purge.
CENTURY 21 partners with businesses such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK? to help you clean up your home.
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is the world’s largest junk removal company that has worked with over a million customers across North America and Australia. Their friendly, uniformed and insured professionals provide fast, reliable service, and will remove anything that two people can lift. Simply point to where the junk and debris is lying and they do all the loading and clean-up and they will also ensure that your junk gets recycled, donated, or disposed of responsibly.
Contact me or our office to learn more about the CENTURY 21 Connections program.