What else will a young Canadian couple want to do at a wedding show this Spring besides fingering lace veils and sampling cakes...
And by attending a Spring bridal show, they could be combining plans for the Big Day with move-in day. A wedding show is convenient beause it assembles a whole bunch of local specialists - including real estate representatives - in one location. Bring your female friends, mom (maybe your fiancé?) and enjoy the day. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your time at a bridal show.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Be prepared to register at the door.
- Bring preprinted self-adhesive address labels if you have them with your name, address, phone, email, and wedding date. This will save you time and allow you to sign up for anything you want very quickly.
- Bring your cheque book in case you decide to book services or hold dates with a deposit. Be sure to check on refund policies before giving any money, and read the contract carefully before signing.
- Collect any information you are interested in - take it home to look over again when you have some quiet time.
- If you cannot attend, send someone in your place to register you for prizes and collect information on services you need.
- It is nice if your fiancé attends with you and he will enjoy the “Groom’s Room."
- Allow yourself three hours to visit the exhibits and watch the exciting fashion show of bridal gowns.
- Bring a large bag to carry home all the promotional materials vendors hand out.
- Pick up business cards, including any realtors wise enough to be exhibiting at a show where first-time homebuyers abound