We spend a lot more time inside over the winter and with the dark skies and short days, we can’t spot the areas of our homes that have collected dust. This is why spring cleaning is so important!
Try to dedicate an entire afternoon, day, or weekend to tackling each room of your home and you’ll feel comfortable and content the windows open and sun shining in.
Here are my favourite spring cleaning tips:
1) Declutter first – With less “stuff” around, there is less cleaning to be done! By decluttering your home will gain a sense of calm and spring cleaning will become a less daunting task.
2) Create a cleaning kit – Reduce trips around your house by gathering all the products you’ll need for each room in a bucket and tote it from room to room.
3) Use only water for walls – Revive your walls with a clean cloth and water. Don’t use any products or soap, at first, to avoid softening the paint. If absolutely necessary, use a few drops of mild dishwashing soap.
4) Take great care of wood floors – If you haven’t been caring for your wood floors, use this spring to change your habits. Slip furniture protectors underneath heavy furniture to avoid scratches and use saucers under plants to avoid water damage.
5) Tackle your ceiling – “Out of sight, out of mind” can be said for cleaning light fixtures, ceiling fans, and air conditioners. Just by using a step ladder, all-purpose cleaner, and a sponge, you can give your ceiling a brighter future
Finally, clean it right the first time. A thorough spring cleaning will leave you with a sense of accomplishment. You will be thrilled with your glistening home and you can relax and enjoy the sunshine with your family.