Lots of tomatoes to use up? This is a tasty mix to use with just about anything. Serve over pasta or rice; put in lettuce leaves, or use as a side salad with a meal.
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes, or rehydrated tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive or good oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tspn dried mustard
- 1 tspn salt
- ½ tspn warmed honey, xylitol, or fine sugar. Or pinch stevia.
- ¼ tspn pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced or chopped and crushed
- 1 Tbln fresh chopped basil
- 2 fresh sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 1 tspn fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 heaped Tbln minced or finely chopped red onion
- Put tomato slices in serving bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over tomatoes. Toss gently.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or longer to blend flavors before serving. Stir carefully.
- To serve over hot dishes such as pasta, return to room temperature or heat gently in pot.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Serves: 2-4 people
I hope you enjoy this simple and easy recipe and remember we have lots of ideas on how to get your house sold and for the right price!
Give our team a call on 250-550-2125 today!