OK people, you are wanting to list your biggest prized possession on the market for sale! GREAT! But, is your house ready for sale?
Before you start digging out your house keys to hand them over to a buyer, there are some things that you should consider doing to maximize the potential return on, this, your biggest investment. You want to get top dollar for your place don't you?
So here is something for you to work on before the buyers start calling! Let's start with something very simple, DOORS & WINDOWS!
- Dirt, fingerprints or other stains?
- Need new paint?
- Open/close easily without squeaks?
- Latches/handles secure and working properly?
- Glass sparkling clean/chip- and crack-free?
- Open/close easily?
- Latches/handles/locks secure, working properly?
- Dirt and fingerprints on frames or sills?
- Screens clean and without holes?
- Storm windows in good condition?
Window coverings (curtains, drapes, blinds, etc.)
- Dirt or stains?
- Excessive wear or sun damage?
- Open/close easily, hardware working properly
Keep this as a checklist as you are working away at getting things ship shape and cross things off the list as you go, you will feel like you have achieved something!
Great job! Keep checking back to my blog for more tips on how to get your property ready for sale!
Next Week, we will tackle the Kitchen!
And remember if you don't know what your home is worth, then call and we can help you decide what to price your biggest investment!