As much as we love the warm weather, it tends to come with a variety of pesky insects. To ensure that your family stays healthy and safe from these creatures, we have outlined below some precautions that can be taken.
- Try to avoid times outside when mosquitoes are most active, which is right before sunrise and right around sunset.
- Wear breathable fabrics that have a tight weave and are light in colour.
- Remove any standing water where insects may breed.
- If walking in grassy areas, wear long pants and cover all skin to prevent ticks from attaching themselves to you. Always check clothing for ticks when you return.
- Use a bug spray that contains deet.
- Don’t wear heavy perfumes or scents.
Summer is a great time for families to create memories in nature. We hope you all have a great summer doing just that and will be here whenever you are ready to MAKE A POSITIVE MOVE…
Sheila & Shirleen