With your furnace working double time in these cold winter months, you want to keep an eye on your furnace filter. The furnace filter can become clogged with dander and dust which can be a fire hazard! Here are a couple of points to keep in mind so your house can stay warm and your family can stay safe:
- Filters should be changed every 3 months or so, depending on debris accumulation.
- If you have pets, the dander can cause faster filter obstruction which means you need to change your filter more often.
- Smoking can also cause your filters to clog faster.
- Consider the thickness of your filter; if you have a 1inch filter, it will need to be changed more often than if you have a 3 inch filter.
- Making sure your filters are clean and functioning well, is a good way to keep your air quality high and your energy bill low.
The Hisey-McDermott Team
CENTURY 21 Miller Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
467 Speers Rd., Oakville, ON L6K 3S4
Independently Owned and Operated
905-845-9180 x 230