The Lakeside Festival of Lights is Burlington’s longest running festival, lighting up the waterfront from dusk to dawn for 40 days over the holiday season.
Over 60 festive displays light up Burlington’s Spencer Smith Park through the holiday season. Wander through the park with family and friends, or get a full view of the themed displays while driving along Lakeshore Road at the City’s waterfront. It’s a magical sight for the whole family, especially the young at heart.
LaSalle Park Retirement Community joins Burlington Downtown in presenting the Annual Candlelit Stroll.
Bundle up the kids and take your voices downtown to join in the fun as Burlington Downtown lights up for the Holidays at the annual carolling event …and launches the Lakeside Festival of Lights.
The evening kicks off at 5:30 in Civic Square where you will be able to enjoy
- Festive Burgers served hot from the grill by the Works Gourmet Burger Bistro
- Hot Chocolate compliments of our Proud Sponsor Tim Hortons
- Visits with Santa
- Holiday Face Painting
- Christmas Music and more…
- pick up your complimentary carolling book and candle
The formal festivities kick off at 6:30 pm with
- Welcome from local dignitaries,
- the Official lighting of the CHML Tree of Hope
- leave Civic Square as a group on the Candlelit procession of carolling
Groups will proceed throughout the downtown making stops for carolling & treats at the following locations:
- Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Village Square (where we’ll officially light up the Square for the holidays)
- back to Civic Square for a wrap
You will want to be sure to pick up a carolling book (complimentary) and enter the Holiday Colouring Contest after the event for a chance to win great prizes from Tim Hortons.