The Town of Oakville's 3rd Annual Random Act of Kindness Day Friday November 1st, 2013
Random Act of Kindness Day® (RAK) is designed to raise community spirit by spontaneously offering a "good turn" for someone, just because it's a kind and fun thing to do! The random act of kindness can be simple and no cost (e.g. take out the garbage for an elderly person) or, it can be at modest cost (e.g. buy cookies for the office). And then there's the "ripple effect". Imagine if this idea took hold in our communities, such that people did it more and more... What kind of a community would we be developing then?
We're planning some new things and we'd love for you to join us!
This year, we're developing Kindness Crews. If you'd like to, join us!
Join a Kindness Crew on November 1st
- We're organizing small teams to go around town performing random acts of kindness at various locations (we will provide a list of acts of kindness as well all supplies i.e. free giveaways).
- Join our Pep Rally/After party
Pep rally will act as a meeting point for all volunteers to receive all needed resources (pay it forward cards, give aways, t-shirts, etc.)
- Volunteers will be asked to encourage people to attend the after party lunch in where they can celebrate and share their RAK stories
OR - If you are not able to be part of a kindness crew, do you know any locations in which acts of kindness are needed?
If you still wish to Engage Your Own Participants that's great! We can help you with materials
Help us spread the word. Here are some ideas:
- Social Media- post RAK promotional materials
- Word of mouth- get the word out there to everyone!
- Tell Us Your Plans Review
- Let us know what your RAK plans are
- Post videos/pictures/comments inspiring people to do RAK....anything to give us a sense of how you were involved.
Let us know about your Random Acts of Kindness via Twitter@oakvilleCF #rakoakville, Facebooking, Emailing and Blogging about your activities and/or some kindness shared with you.
Need Some Suggestions?
Check out www.randomactsofkindness.org and www.rakoakville.com
-----From the Oakville.ca website.