Buying and Selling
Shopping for a home in Regina has never been easier when you choose to work with me. Since 1995, my business was formed on the fundamental premise of placing my customers' needs above all else. And over the years, this commitment has lead to many referrals and repeat clients. My high standards will ensure that you are not only end up with the right home at the best possible price, but that you also get exactly what you bargained for in the process. I listen carefully to what you need and want in a home, and I help you determine the price range you can afford.
Let Me Help You Every Step of the Way
When buying a home, you are faced with a multitude of decisions. The primary one is whether you are actually prepared to purchase a home. Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Although, once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with the required effort towards your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your First Step
Your first step to buying a home is to first ask yourself why you want to buy a home: to stop paying rent? To start building equity? To have a place of your own? To raise a family? To entertain business associates? To move up to a bigger house? Next, list what kind of home you'd like and where you would like to be. Be specific. Separate the "must haves" from the "want to haves."
Think of yourself as zeroing in on a target, going from the general to the specific. Consider area (city, suburban neighborhood, country); community (north, south, east, or west side); neighborhood (older and settled or sparkling new; a particular school zone; recreational facilities; and other community services such as transportation, day care, library, stores, entertainment). Ask yourself how much time you are willing to commute to work.
Think about home styles. How much space do you need? Does your situation require a one-level home, or are stairs acceptable? Consider size and kind of property. Do you want a newer home, or maybe an older one to fix up? Someday you or your heirs will want to sell. Consider how long you expect to live in this particular home.
Your Next Step... Loan Pre-Approved
Once you have addressed the above needs, your next step in the purchasing process is to get pre-approved with a mortgage lender. Pre-approved means that a lender has reviewed your credit history, verified your assets and employment, and has pre-approved your loan before you have found a home to purchase. As long as the home apprises for at least the purchase price, the loan should close. Getting pre-approved also gives you an advantage over other buyers who is not pre-approved or is pre-qualified.
I will Find the Right Home for You
Once you have been pre-approved and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS®) Multiple Listing Service® system to locate them.
I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I will Help You Every Step Of the Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
There are many factors that effect how quickly your home will sell and how to set it's value. Let us look at few of the more important aspects of selling a home.
What is the Product
The product is the property. The better the home is presented the more successful the selling process will be. If the house needs a new roof or is peeling paint, taking care of these problems will only help to speed along the eventual sale.
Many times a home that is not properly priced will sit on the market for many months while similar homes are being sold. The best way to price your home is by doing a professional Comparative Market Analysis. I can help you with this process.
If the financing rates are too high, or if a seller requires a larger down payment than is customary for the area, then the financing may delay the sale. I will be able to help the seller in this often confusing process.
The timing is a condition of the real estate market at the time of the sale. It may be a seller's market or a buyer's market. No one can change the condition of the market at the time the property is for sale. I know the condition of the market and will advise my client on the best strategy to sell the home.
Every buyer makes his/her decision about which home to buy and how much it is worth by comparing it to available property. The current competition always affects the buyer's opinion of your home and what he will think it is worth. So, the question is, what other choices does a buyer have and how does your home compare?
Promotion is the ability to bring buyers to your property. This includes traditional marketing methods such as advertising, but one of the strengths of a real estate brokerage is that they are constantly in touch with people looking to buy properties.
It is important to note that even the very best promotion has its limitations, because promotion cannot overcome any of the first five factors if they are out of balance and are not corrected. It is important to have a constant flow of information that will help you determine if . . .
- The home is prepared right
- The price is set right
- The financing is handled correctly
- What kind of market is it
- What is your competition
I will Work for You Every Step of the Way
I will make recommendations that can assist you in pricing your property and preparing your home for showing. When your home is shown to a prospective buyer, feedback is obtained from the buyer's agent. This information will be related to you so that you will be informed regarding the impression of your home on prospective buyers. All information pertinent to the sale of your home will be discussed with you so that you can make an informed decision regarding accepting Offer to Purchase on your home. After the acceptance of the Offer to Purchase, I will monitor the progress of the condition removals and all the details until closing.
Remember, I will be working for you every step of the way to make sure all the details of selling your home will be looked after from the time the For Sale sign up to the time the For Sale sign down.
A List of Services I Provide
- Consult with you regarding your needs, wants, and wishes
- Provide you with Air Miles
- Provide a list of real estate lawyers
- Refer you to an experienced mortgage professional if needed
- Explain entire buying process
- Search daily for your new home using all resources and advise you of every home that meets your needs including MLS, exclusive, and private
- Explain the showing process in detail
- Explain what happens when we find a suitable home
- Contact seller's agent and obtain all the information we can so you can make informed decisions
- Do a Comparative Market Analysis
- Provide information and write Offer to Purchase in consultation with you
- Present offer in light most favorable to you
- Arrange and interpret all inspections and information provided to you
- Monitoring mortgage approval
- Remove conditions
- Send instruction letter and sale information to your lawyer
- Consult and advise you regarding booking mover, home insurance, hook-up utilities and changing new address
- Monitor and speak to you regularly
- Prepare you for possession 1 week prior
- Consult with lawyer to make sure all documents are ready for possession
- Set up possession 2 days prior
- Meet you at your new home to do a walk through, inventory of chattels and answer questions
- Advise you if any problems arise on possession
- Call after possession to answer questions and concerns
A real estate transaction is very complicated. I have extensive training and expertise in the following to assist you in solving any problems with mortgage lender, seller's agent, building inspector, appraiser, engineer, seller and lawyer.
There are many challenges I meet every day from our first meeting until closing. A transaction will not close until these problems are solved. I pride myself on being able to head off many of these potential problems and interpret the information for you so you can make informed decisions and take possession of your home on time.
What I Do For Sellers
- Professional Competitive Market Analysis
- Go over all your concerns before marketing property
- Explain details of listing
- Recommend all necessary inspections and disclosures
- Support staff will administer listing from listing to sale
- Have Gas line inspection report done in advance of offer
- Recommend Real Estate lawyers
- Install Century 21 yard sign
- Install Lock box
- List property on MLS
- List property on my personal website and Century 21 Conexus website
- Cross reference your property to all agents when speaking to them regarding other properties
- Highlight your listing at two Century 21 offices on listing board
- Notify Century 21 agents with new listing
- Explain costs of selling
- Pre-qualify all buyers for your home
- Guarantee the sale of buyers' home at no cost to you
- Make property attractive to buyers by offering Air Miles
- Keep inconveniences to a minimum
- Set up follow-up system for all showings
- Feed back on all showings; what they thought and why
- Advertise: new listing ad, Real Estate Review ad etc.
- MLS tour (optional)
- Public Open House (optional)
- Report to seller on activities and recommendation weekly
- Monthly Market Activities Report with recommendations to get offer on property
- Present all written offers in best light to you
- Negotiate all offers and look after all details to closing with regular contact
- Letter of instruction and information sent to your lawyer
- Arrange possession 1 week prior to possession
- Follow-up after possession of your new home
CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc.
- Albert Park
- Argyle Park
- Arnheim Place
- Broders Annex
- Churchill Downs
- Coronation Park
- Dieppe Place
- Dominion Heights
- Douglas Park
- Downtown District
- East Pointe Estates
- Fairways West
- Garden Ridge
- Gardiner Heights
- Gardiner Park
- General Hospital
- Gladmer Park
- Glen Elm
- Glencairn Village
- Greens on Gardiner
- Harbour Landing
- Highland Park
- Kensington Greens
- Maple Ridge
- McCarthy Park
- Mount Royal
- Normanview West
- Parliament Place
- Pioneer Village
- Prairie View
- Regent Park
- Richmond Place
- River Heights
- Sherwood Estates
- Spruce Meadows
- The Creeks
- Transitional Area
- University Park East
- Varsity Park
- Walsh Acres
- Warehouse District
- Wascana View
- Washington Park
- Whitmore Park
- Windsor Park
- Wood Meadows
- Woodland Grove