Many people order an espresso or reach for an energy drink when they
need a boost. However, there are other foods that can give you a similar
increase in energy and are, arguably, a lot healthier. Here are a few
• Coconut oil. It contains high quantities of medium chain fats, which
are a quick source of energy.
• Honey. It tastes sweet because it's a natural form of sugar. As we all
know, sugar gives you a quick boost.
• Iron containing foods. Lack of iron in your diet can leave you
feeling sluggish. Adding more beans, spinach, and lentils to your diet
– perhaps in salads – can help boost your iron levels.
• Nuts. Almonds, cashews and other nutrient-rich nuts are the ideal
quick snack for an energy boost.
• Dark chocolate. It’s great news for chocolate lovers, but keep the
portions small.Finally, not drinking enough water can also rob you of energy. In fact, water
may be the best energy-boosting "food" of them all.