Once your lender assists you on how much house you can buy...
...Here’s a 4 plus 4 formula for home-buying success:
- Identify neighbourhoods you like and are in your price range.
- Think about what you really want in a house. Are you looking for a big yard or something with less maintenance, a new home or a place more mature and established? What about style?
- Decide how many bedrooms and baths you need, along with features such as a den, garage space, fireplace, swimming pool, etc.
- Hopefully, you’ll be able to find what you want and stay in your price range. If not, you may need to adjust what you want and your budget.
Keep one thing in mind: There is no such thing as the perfect house.
- Make sure that the home you buy meets your needs, but you will drive yourself crazy if you go through dozens and dozens of homes searching for the "perfect" home.
- Take a list with you of must haves, items you can live without and price range so you won’t get sidetracked.
- Research values in areas of interest. Know what people are asking and, as importantly, what homes are selling for.
- The services of a good real estate agent can be quite valuable during this stage. They can pull up information in minutes and help you make good decisions.
FREE Report: How To Get The Home You Want At The Best Price And Financing Rate, With The Fewest Headaches! Email me for your copy: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org