More on Careers
Becoming Licensed to Sell Real Estate in Ontario
A career in real estate is for people who enjoy helping people. You also like:
- Flexibility in your schedule
- Variety in your day
- Being connected to the world with tools and technology like cell phones, iPads, and laptop computers
Trading in real estate is a dynamic career choice, with market conditions and legislation constantly changing. Life-long learning is essential to retaining your edge. The OREA Real Estate College provides all real estate registration education courses in Ontario. Earn the educational requirements for salesperson registration with the OREA Real Estate College, then upgrade your skills, and stay on top of what's happening in the industry through the educational programs and wide variety of publications we provide.
A career in real estate can mean working in:
- Residential resales
- New home sales
- Condominium sales
- Rural & recreational sales
- Commercial sales
- Property Management
- Mortgage financing
- Do I want to help buyers make the largest single purchase they may ever undertake?
- Do I long for career flexibility, financial paybacks, and great growth potential?
- Do I enjoy the challenge of constant change?
- Am I willing to make personal sacrifices?
Successful salespeople make things happen – they thrive on the opportunities and challenges presented each day. Are you ready to make the commitment? Click Here to Watch OREA Video on becoming a real estate salesperson in Ontario.
Articling Segment within First 2 Years of Being LIcensed
To trade in real estate, you must:
- Be a resident of Canada
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Application for salesperson registration must be made within one year of successfully completing the last course in the pre-registration segment (Phase 3RES or Phase 3COM).
- Complete the required RECO forms
- Submit the appropriate fees
- Have a good past record of financial responsibility and conduct
- Have received a salesperson registration certificate
- Be employed by a registered brokerage
- Consider the College Program Standards
Please call us a 905-646-2121 and ask for Eugene Pilato, Broker of Record or Roy Zanatta Managing Broker. You can also email us. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Location and Contact Information for the Ontario Real Estate Association
99 Duncan Mill Road
Don Mills, Ontario
Tel: 416-445-9910 or 1-800-265-6732
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m