Why Stage your Home
Benefits of Staging Your Home
Why Stage Your Home?
Don't be insulted if your real estate agent suggests you have your home staged. They are not implying that your home isn't well kept or decorated distastefully. Your home will attract more potential buyers if they can envision themselves living there. Once you make the decision to sell your home, you need to prepare to emotionally detach.
Statistics show that staged homes:
- Show better to prospective buyers
- Have less days on the market
- Have an increased number of offers
- Sell faster for a higher price.
Remberber - The cost of staging your home is always less then your first price reduction!
Steps To Proper Staging
1. Complete any necessary repairs needed in your home prior to listing. 1% - 6% is what you should be investing in repairs.
2. Complete extensive cleaning to rid the home of any smells; ie: pet odours, food smells, or smoking.
3. Declutter all personal items from the space. Our homes represent who we are, we showcase all the things that we have accumulated over time, things that speak to us. the goal of staging is to make the home speak to potential buyers in a captivating and positive way. Excessive clutter in a home may send a message that you don't have enough space.
4. Stagers will work with what you have in your home as well as bring in some new pieces. They will rearrange and relocate your items to present your property at it's best. In some cases this may mean relocating your favourite lazyboy the garage. Don't take it personally, their objective is to present your home so that it appeals to the most buyers and get you the most money.
Real Estate Broker
CENTURY 21 Insight Realty Group Inc., Brokerage*