Thinking of selling your home this spring? The single most effective and budget friendly way to ensure your home is at its most appealing is to make sure it is meticulously clean. Elbow grease and an eye for editing are the real keys to springing your home to the head of the pack.
- De-clutter: Clutter distracts buyers from the home's features. And don't just throw everything in a closet. This will make it seem like the home doesn't have enough storage space.
- De-personalize: To help buyers envision themselves in the space, remove personal items like family photos, toys and children's art.
- Make sure the exterior of the home is well maintained: This means snow and debris removal in early spring and landscaping in late spring and summer.
- Kitchens are the heart of the home: Make sure it is sparkling clean, free of cooking smells and appears organized and functional.
- Bathrooms should be clean, free of clutter and as spa-like as possible. (stocked with fresh towels and soaps and well lit.)
- Windows should be washed on the inside and out.
- Furniture should be polished, uppholstery and drapes cleaned and carpets and rugs steam cleaned.