Enhancing your home for when the prospective buyer drives by, pulls up in your driveway or walks through the front door, can give your home the edge over other listings!
Here are some easy, in-expensive tips to improve your curb appeal:
- If your gardens are overgrown & cluttered, remove weeds, over grown plants/trees. Sometimes removal is better that adding!
- Colour: along with greenery, bright flowers add a great eye catching appeal. Whether it is in a garden, hanging basket or a planter.
- Windows: cleaning windows & making them sparkle is noticed from the inside & out
- Grass: keeping the grass cut & lawn weed free at all times is time consuming.....but is a simple improvement
- Snow/Leaves: try & clear pathways & driveways of snow/ice & leaves
- Paint/Stain: a fresh coat of paint or stain on the deck or porch will give the wow factor! A freshly painted front door will get the notices you are looking for! Wash down or re-coat garage doors!
- Window Covers: open all window coverings & show off the views & those sparkling windows
- Lights: turn all lights on in every room....show off your amazing home!
- Smell: air fresheners can make the first impression
- Pets: if you can have pets outside during showing or in kennels
- Paint: freshly painted rooms are an easy, affordable way to transform any room. If you do not have the time to re-paint the room, try & touch up any chips or cracks. Washing walls/Baseboards/Trim/Light Switches/DoorFrames of fingers prints & everyday stains are noticeable.
- Floors: clean swept, freshly mopped/polished floors are a nice touch. If there is carpet in the home, shampoo carpets & give them a vacuum regularly
- Clutter: de-clutter counters, entrance ways, utility rooms, closets, tables, stairs & hallways. Store away furniture that is just taking up space. This can make the rooms look more spacious!
- Cleaning: Bathrooms, Mirrors, Appliances, Sinks, Counters
MAKE YOUR HOME INVITING & A MUST HAVE FOR THE BUYERS!