Welcome to #Lang Pioneer Village
Since 1967, it has been our mission to preserve and authentically recreate the history of Peterborough County. Each and every day we strive to provide visitors with an accurate and interactive view of the life of a 19th-century settler in rural Ontario.
Our costumed interpreters tell the pioneer story as they demonstrate traditional chores, trades and pastimes. Come see our blacksmith work a hunk of iron into an ornate fire stoker and enjoy the enticing aromas of traditional recipes baked over an open fire. Each day we bring history to life in an engaging way as we welcome you into our homes and businesses.
We invite you to step back 200 years in time with us and enjoy a day like no other!
Our family loves to visit this great #family oriented spot....the #Apple Fest is soming up soon!
Sunday, October 6th ~ 10 am to 4 pm
The sweetest event of the year! A colourful fall celebration of apples and the harvest season.
- Musical entertainment by Sweetgrass and Bill Olson
- Free horse-drawn wagon rides
- Petting zoo and pony rides
- School yard games and apple craft for kids
- Natural dyeing and threshing demonstrations
- Rug hooking demonstrations with the Northumberland Rug Hookers
- Delicious apple treats and refreshments
- Fall Contest Table (for submission details, please view the pdf below)
And so much more!
NEW! Applefest Fall Contest Table
Think you have the best preserves, knitting project or most perfect vegetable? Why not submit it for our first ever Fall Table Contest! For details and to find out how to submit your entry, please click here.
Adults- $10, Students/Seniors- $9, Youth 5 to 14 Years of Age- $6
Under 5- Free, Family Pass (includes 2 Adults and up to 4 Youths)- $30