Spring cleaning is a seasonal tradition that can give your home a boost as you gear up for summer. It is also a good time to replace the batteries and test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Here are some tried-and-true items that may need your care this spring.
- Organize your seasonal storage, whether it is a shed, garage, attic or basement. Display the outdoor furniture and stow away winter items like holiday decorations, salt, snow shovels, sleds or pool cover.
- Store winter clothing and have your warm weather attire easily accessible. Donate any articles that you do not wear.
- Power wash or paint summer outdoor furniture that may appear dingy.
- You may want to hire professionals to clean indoor carpets and upholstery for a thorough job.
- Clean your windows inside and out.
- Change the door mats for the season. They are your last line of defense against dirt and are an inexpensive way to spruce up entryways.
- Dust blinds, light fixtures, and under beds and furniture.
- Steam, dry clean or vacuum your curtains.
- Wash and wax floors to protect them against wear and tear.