No matter what the season, or where you live, remember the tried-and-true tips when presenting your home to potential buyers. It is always important that your home is neat, organized, clean and clutter-free during an open house or private showings. However, here are some ideas on how to take advantage of the fall season to really make your house stand out.
- ‘Tis the season - spruce up your entryway and yard with plants that thrive in the fall like chrysanthemums. A cornstalk or pumpkin on the front porch, or a decorative fall wreath on the front door is a nice touch…though all accents should be in moderation.
- Safety first - Don’t forget to rake the leaves, as they can be slippery on sidewalks and steps. Also, scattered leaves may detract from your home’s facade.
- Sugar and spice - Capitalize on the season with scented pinecones or cinnamon sticks to create warm fall aromas inside your home.
- Rain or shine - Depending on the weather, you may need an indoor mat so the floors don’t become treacherous.
- Warm hearth - A fireplace is a desired feature, make it a focal point of your open house with a fire and arrange the furniture accordingly.
- Food for thought - It’s always good to provide delicious treats during an open house so potential buyers linger. Warm pie, hot apple cider, or fresh cookies and milk are good selections for a cozy fall snack that will make potential buyers feel at home.