Byron Real Estate Listings and Information
Located downriver (west) from London on the outer fringes of the city, Byron was originally called Westminster, then renamed Hall's Mill, and then finally Byron. The Byron area was settled in 1800 and first became a village in 1804. The village of Byron was annexed by the City of London in 1961 and the population grew substantially with the development of large subdivisions around the original village
The current boundaries of Byron are generally regarded to be the land south of theThames River and west of Colonel Talbot Road. Recent housing developments have expanded Byron southward to Southdale Road and westward to Wickerson Road. Outside of the urban area, Byron is surrounded by farmland and forested areas. On the eastern border of Byron is the Byron Gravel Pit, the sixteenth-largest gravel pit in Canada. Historically, Byron also consisted of some land north of the Thames River in the area known today as Oakridge Park, including the Byron Bog (now Sifton Bog).
The neighbourhood of Byron has the small town feel of a rural village, right in the middle of a city. The neighbourhood has a small main street with great locally owned shops, restaurant, and cafes. With parks, schools, and the Bolar Ski Club it is the perfect place for the family.