We all love our pets, but during the Christmas holidays there are many unforeseen dangers lurking. Here are a few items to keep away from your pets.
That shiny silver trimming on your tree looks lovely. But keep it out of reach from your pets, as it can block intestines if ingested.
2. Electrical Wires
Don't put lights on the lower tree branches. If your pet bites the wires it can cause electrical shock.
Theses plants are a lovely addition to your Christmas decor -- Poinsettia, holly, and mistletoe are poisonous to pets, so keep these out of reach.
Makes a great gift, but do keep away from your pets. Chocolate can be toxic to pets.
5. Turkey bones
If you are thinking of saving your turkey bones for your pet, think again. These bones can splinter and cause digestive upsets, intestinal blockages or lacerations.
Enjoy your Christmas holidays and keep your pets healthy and safe!