Create a beautiful outdoor balcony space you can be proud of with 5 easy steps.
1. Seating. Start with 2 comfortable chairs - whether for outdoor dining or simply lounging.
2. Table. If you're goal is to use your balcony for eating then you will need a small table. For lounging there are great selections for coffee tables, or end tables.
3. Plants make the outdoor space your own. There are great planters you can hang right on your railing to save space. Try a variety of colourful flowers, perhaps an herb garden or patio tomatoes. Taller plants such as palms or climbing vines will give a bit more privacy while creating a personal space.
4. Lighting creates an ambient mood and lovely when entertaining guests. You can choose outdoor floor lamps, tea light lanterns, solar lights, even strings of lights will add to the area.
5. Colour. Choose a colour palette that suits your style and interests and use those colours in throw pillows, candles and accessories. Colours can be changed whenever you like giving you endless ideas.
Sample colour palettes are:
- Spice. Bold reds, orange and yellow
- Beach. Beige, turquoise, sea foam green, white.
- Zen. Green, white, lemongrass
- Nautical. White, navy blue, red
Share your outdoor balcony style tips with us, and feel free to forward this blog to family, friends and on social media. If you need more tips feel free to contact me.