If you plan to be moving homes this winter, here are a few tips to keep you warm and sane!
1. Protect your floors with runners. No one wants wet and slushy water seeping into your new home flooring. If you are using a moving company they will provide these runners. If you are on your own you can use heavy duty plastic, or even cardboard works well.
2. Set up Utilities in Advance. Make sure you have lights and heat working for your move day. This will require you to set up in advance. If you have ownership ahead of time you can turn the heat on for your moving day so that it is comfortable and this also ensures everything is working properly.
3. Clear stairs and walkways. Bring shovels to your new home and ensure the walkway and entrance ways are cleared for the movers. You can apply salt to icy areas to avoid accidental slips.
4. Dress appropriately. Gloves and hats are a must if moving on a cold day. As well as extra socks and a change of woolies case yours get wet. Nothing hampers your move more than numb toes and freezing hands.
5. Bring a thermos or two. It will be helpful to have some hot coffee or cocoa on hand to keep you and the movers warm and alert on moving day. A couple of thermoses and paper cups should do the trick.
Don't forget to get a moving quote in writing from a moving company. Use a reputable mover.
If you need more tips or advice on hiring a reputable moving company feel free to contact me any time.