Everyone likes to save money, and during the cold days of winter we often see our money go out the door.
There are many ways we can save during these months. Here are a few tips.
- Add plastic to breezy windows and doors. It doesn't cost a lot to buy a winterizing kit, but you can save a lot by keeping the warm are inside.
- Turn your heat down when you are sleeping, and when you go out. By turning your thermostat down a few degrees you can save plenty on your next bill.
- Seal off vents in rooms and areas unused. Instead of heating an unused room, this will force more air into lived in areas.
- Add some weather stripping around entry doors. This will help to keep cold drafts out.
- Close your fireplace when not in use.
Know someone who would benefit from this blog? Feel free to share with family, friends and on your social media page.