With all the taxes we pay in Ontario, who wouldn't want a tax break? Big or small, a tax refund is great news. Here are the current tax credits available. Click on each link to find out what you need to do to qualify and claim.
1. The First-time Home Buyers' Tax Credit is $750.00
To find out if you are eligible for the credit, visit the government website.
2. Home Buyers' Tax Credit for people with disabilities
This does not need to be a first time home buyer. If you've bought a home based on your disabilities, visit the government website for details.
3. Land Transfer Tax Rebate for First Time Homebuyers
Another break for first time home buyers. This time on the land transfer tax. Rebates will vary so check if you are eligible. Click here for more information.
4. GST/HST New Housing Rebate
There are stipulations to this rebate, but it's worth looking into. This rebate is for people who pay for and buy a new home "before" it is built.
Again, check out the government's website on how to apply for the refund.
5. Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit
6. Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant
A senior could receive a grant of $500 per year. Find out more about this and how to qualify.
7. Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit
Seniors over 65 years who spend money on making their home more accessible and safer are eligible for the tax credit. Click here.
If you know someone else who might benefit from this blog, feel free to pass it along.
Here are some helpful links: