There are many reasons why GTA residents are making Barrie their new home city, and here are the top 5 reported.
1. Affordability - $ 339,952 - Average House Sale Price - CMHC Fall 2014
2. Safety - voted one of the safest cities in Canada
3. Education - Georgian College ranked 3rd in the world - 2013 International Student Barometer
4. Business Opportunities - Barrie is a growing city with ample commercial real estate and business opportunities
5. Recreation - theatre, festivals, events, lakeshore, beaches, cottage country, sports, live entertainment, restaurants.
The city of Barrie was named in 1833 after Sir Robert Barrie who was in charge of the naval forces in Canada.
Barrie is home to approx 150,000 residents and continues to grow. Barrie is situated around Kempenfelt Bay.
For more information about the City of Barrie's growth and business opportunities visit the following websites:
Barrie is truly a great city to live in!