21. Disconnect your garage door. Another way of keeping your home safe is by disconnecting your garage door. This will give you the assurance that no other universal opener will work on it.
22. Never leave a portable GPS inside your car. Never leave a portable GPS inside the car when you go to places like the mall, airport, etc. If your car gets broken into, the thief can steal your GPS, find out where you live, and have the assurance that you are not home.
23. Inform your local police that you will be out of your home for a while. Some villages/towns have local police officers go around residential houses from time to time for security purposes. If you are going out of town, you can alert your local police so they can look after your home while you are away.
24. Don’t hang your keys near the door or windows of your home. Never put your home or car keys in locations where they can be easily reached or grabbed by someone from the outside.
25. Make sure you have locked all your doors and windows before you leave. Before you head out, double check to make sure you have locked all the entrances of your home, including doors and windows.