Home sales in May in the Regina area were the highest since June 2012, but still down from the same month last year, according to reports from the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc MLS® System.
Statistics for May 2012 compared to May 2013:
- Sales down 5% - from 440 to 420
- Sales in the city down 3% from 355 to 343
- Average sale price up 6% from $303,600 to $322,029
- Average sale price in the city increased from $313,337 to $325,593
- Active Listings at the end of May – 1,679, including 962 in the city
- New listings in May up 19% - from 762 to 961
- YTD - Average sale price increased by 6% - from $296,949 to $315,040
- YTD - Homes sold to the end of May down 20% - from 1,794 to 1,437
During the month, homes which sold were on the market for an average of 32 days before selling at an average of 97.2% of asking price.
2012 was a record year, and although 2013 will most likely not beat that record, we are 39% above the five-year average and 67% above the 10-year average. Strong job growth and population gains continue to support housing demand in Regina.
If you’re thinking of selling your home and are not sure what to do to sell it for top dollar, perhaps it’s time to talk to your local CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc. expert. They can provide you with the assistance you need to get a quick sale of your property at the best price possible. Check our listings on our award winning website at www.century21dome.com.