Dog parks – a place where people ask your pets name without any care of who you are!
Click here for full blog with pictures
Do you have a dog – looking for a fun place to get your best buddy exercise!Windsor and surrounding areas have a few dog parks that provide a great social and off lease atmosphere for your pet!
A -Memorial Dog Park - Located in Optimist Park off Ypres – Great treed dog park that is completely fenced in with a secure double gated entrance for pets.Picnic tables to sit and socialize, shaded so great for hot summer days, water bowls (bring your own water), lots of squirrels to chase!
B -Remington Dog Park – Located off Lillian Ave just north of Grand Marais – Off leash smaller park with secure entrance, separate area for smaller dogs
C -Broadway Dog Park – Located off Broadway just west of Ojibway Parkway – Off leash park with a secure double entrance, smaller area then Memorial Dog Park, just north of Black Oak Prairie Heritage Park.
D -Tecumseh Dog Park – located behind Tecumseh Arena at the end of St. Jacques St. west of Lesperance Rd – Off lease park with secure entrance, water taps for pets.
* - Leamington Dog Park – located off bevel line (on your way to Pt. Pelee) – Off leash park that is not enclosed by fence, so unless dogs are well trained not recommended.
Dog Park Etiquette (Points Taken From Ontario SPCA)
- Dog should be six months old
- Fully vaccinated
- Enjoy company of other dogs
- Responsive to basic cues (Come, Sit, Leave It)
- Ideally spayed or neutered (Reduces likelihood of fights and unwanted pregnancies)
- Follow your dog park posted rules and bylaws
- Bring water for pets
- Bags for waste – pick up after your pet
- Do not feed other dogs treats without permission from owner
- Keep an eye on your dog
- Supervise children at all times
- Have fun