There are distinct advantages to putting your home up or leaving it on the market during the winter months. Below I will list 5 reasons why marketing your property during the winter can be a success.
2. Less Competition – Statistically there are fewer homes on the market. Post people wait until spring and summer to list their home, which means during the winter you will have far less competition than at any other time of the year. The following chart depicts local statistics over the last 12 months.
(All information provided by the Central Alberta Real Estate Association time-frame is from Dec 2013- Nov 2014 for residential active listings in the MLS Area of Rocky Mountain House.)
3. Homes Show Better During The Holidays – Buyers love homes that can tell a story.
The holidays are a great time to show homes because the home is usually dressed up for the holiday celebrations! Winter is a great time to play-up your home's cozy-family-friendly charm.
4. January Is The Biggest Transfer Month – Did you know that more corporate moves happen during January than at any other time of year? This may be a great reason to list your home during the winter.
5. More Advertising - Most agents and offices have less inventory during the winter meaning your home may be advertised more often during these months than during the spring and summer months. More Attention – Most agents will be able to devote more specialized attention to your need during the winter because they have fewer clients to manage.
6. Life doesn't wait for spring! - Just because the weather is frightful does not mean factors that influence buyers to search for a new homes are put out in the cold or postponed until spring. Buyers are influenced by life changes year round for example new jobs, promotions, transfers, growing family, the need to downsize or upsize.
7. Tax Break! - Some buyer's are looking to make a purchase before the end of the year for tax purposes if you wait until the spring market you will miss this opportunity.
If you are thinking about listing don't delay, call today! Kimberly McDonald with Century 21 Westcountry Realty Ltd. 4915 50 St. Rocky Mountain House, Ab T4T 1B4 Office: (403) 845-7772 Cell: (403) 846-6654 Email: Kimberly.email@example.com