7+ INTERESTING BRANDON REAL ESTATE STATISTICS
2013 AS COMPARED TO 2012
1) Sales were very strong in the month of December, 2013.
In fact sales of single, detached homes in Brandon jumped 72% on a year-over-year basis. Having said this, December 2012 sales were weaker from an historical point of view.
2) In the 4th quarter of 2013 (October-November-December), home sales were up a healthy 16% from 2012's 4th quarter. In fact, 2013 posted the best 4th quarter on record!
3) From an annual look at things, home sales decreased 11% from 2012.
4) Days on the Market - Homes spent more time on the market in the 4th quarter of 2013 than 2012. The median number of days on the market was 51 in the 4th quarter of 2013. This is up 7 days from the 3rd quarter in 2012.
5) *Median sale price for single detached homes increased 18% from $182,750 in 2012 to $216,000 in the 4th quarter of 2013.
6) Unit wise, there were 289 units in the 4th Quarter which was up 2% from 2012.
7) Here are some interesting activity statistics for different price ranges for 2013 as compared to 2012.
~ Sales were down 4% in the $100,000 - $175,000 range.
~Sales were down 3% in the $175,000 - $250,000 range.
~Activity rose 56% in the $250,000 - $325,000 range
~Activity jumped 84% for transactions above $325,000 from the year 2012
~ The tightest range of all was $100,000 and less, due to shortages of listings
(* Median sale price is the middle price, where half the sales are lower, and half the sales are higher than the median price)
If you are looking for a qualified and experienced Brandon real estate agent, please contact me for more information to discuss the current market and all of your real estate needs.
Brandon Real Estate Agent
(Information: Brandon Real Estate Board and Canadian Real Estate Association.The information has been drawn from sources deemed to be reliable, but the accuracy and completeness is not guaranteed. In providing this information, both the Canadian Real Estate Association and the Brandon Real Estate Board assume no responsibility or liability.)