Sellers are alway asking us "What can we do to improve the look of our home?" when getting ready to sell. Here are some helpful hints to use when starting the process.
1. Clean, organize, and neutralize your space: Unclutter your house to make it look bigger and cleaner. Buyers need to be able to envision their own belongings in the home; so, avoid using bright colors and too many personal effects.
2. Keep Your Lawn Green and free of debree: Get your lawn in shape. A patchy lawn takes away from the home's overall appearance. Your local hardware store has supplies to re-seed those unhealthy areas.
3. Lower your Energy bill by sealing up window and door drafts, and adding insulation to save energy: The most inexpensive way to increase your home's energy is to add insulation, which can reduce heating and cooling costs by more than 25%.
4. Update kitchen appliances: The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first, and an updated kitchen can help sell your home. You don't have to remodel your kitchen to give it a new look. Updating your appliances to the current standard and replacing cabinet doors and hardware can make a big impact at a relatively low cost.
5. Update bathroom fixtures: A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look of your bathroom. Updating simple fixtures such as your sink and faucet can give any outdated bathroom style.
6. Build a fence: If you're trying to sell a house, the appearance of a fence adds value to the home overall. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard. Give an existing fence a fresh coat of paint.
7. Repair & Clean the gutter: Ensuring that your gutter is clean is crucial in protecting your home against water damage.
8. Light up the outside: An easy and inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting. It makes it more appealing and safer. Solar lights along walk ways and near the entrance have a big impact on those buyers that want to drive by at night and check out your new lisitng.
9. Store and organize: Ample storage space is a plus, especially when it comes to garages and closets. Efficient closet structures can help keep your clothes organized and can save space. If you have begun the packing process - choose one room in the house or safe garge storage and fill that room only. Leave the rest of your home clutter free.
But most important - If you are thinking of getting your home ready to sell - Call your Realtor. I will come do a walk thru your home with you and offer tips and suggestions on how to better prepair your home to show.