Cartwright Real Estate Listings and Information
Cartwright is a quiet, friendly village of 350 people six miles north of the U.S./Manitoba border, on #3 Highway. The town was established in the 1880's along the Boundary Commission/NWMP Trail at Badger Creek. The village was named after Sir Richard Cartwright, an early member of parliament who owned land in the area. The town was moved a few miles south to its present location in 1885 to be on the railway line. Cartwright has all the amenities needed for communities to prosper; many businesses and local services necessary for rural living. Cartwright is very progressive in its maintenance of their facilities, just recently installing 'geothermal' heating and cooling into the curling & hockey rinks ad also the community hall. The area is primarily agriculture, mixed grain & livestock, with several industries also providing valuable employment. The Rural Municipality of Roblin includes the LUD of Mather, six miles to the east of Cartwright on #3 Hwy.