Keeping your appliances in good condition and avoid costly repairs with basic maintenance. Steps to take include:
- Clean the filter and screens in your dishwasher periodically, and check for clogs, broken glass or food at the bottom of the unit.
- Check washing machine hoses to be sure they are in good condition.
- Empty pockets of items before putting in the washing machine.
- Clean lint filter in dryer after every use.
- Clean dryer vent, hoses and filters periodically.
- Vacuum the condenser coils on your refrigerator at least twice per year.
- Don’t use more laundry detergent than recommended in your washer.
- Keep bushes trimmed back from your outdoor air conditioning condenser.
- Protect your air conditioner from direct sunlight.