Lead Based Paint - A Few Tips
• Lead poisoning does not happen overnight so do not panic.
• For peace of mind, you can test your children for lead poisoning with a simple blood test done by your family physician.
• Wash children’s toys often. Toys may collect dust.
• Wet mop floors and wipe surfaces weekly to minimize the amount of lead dust.
• Have children wash their hands often, especially before meals.
• Do not attempt to remove lead based paint yourself as you may create a much bigger problem by spreading lead dust around your house.