According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity in September 2014 was down from the previous month.
- National home sales fell 1.4% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10.6% above September 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.6% from August to September.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in September.
- The national average sale price rose 5.9% on a year-over-year basis in September.