According to statistics released recently by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales posted a small month-over-month increase in September 2013.
- National home sales edged up by 0.8% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 18.2% above levels in September 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.4% from August to September.
- The Canadian housing market has tightened but continues to remain balanced.
- The national average sale price rose 8.8% on a year-over-year basis in September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 3.1% year-over-year in September.