About this REALTOR
Grade 12 Graduate with Honors - 1975 - Pierre Radisson Collegiate - Winnipeg
Business Administration Degree - with Honors - 1980 - Specializing in Marketing and Administration. Was Team Leader for the Winning Business Project [17 total entrants] for the calendar year 1979 at Red River Community College in Winnipeg.
Taught various and extensive Sales and Marketing courses throughout my entire professional career - doing my best to develop and groom our sales professionals.
I have 29 years of experience in Business, Client Service and Transaction Negotiation. Until 2005, I was in Senior Management with a very successful, large multi national building material wholesale operation, based out of Baltimore, Maryland. In late 2005, my wife and I made the decision that we wanted to expand on my Real Estate Career and finish raising our 2 sons in Kelowna - and here we are!
Immediately after receiving my Degree in Business, I started my career with Sauder Industries in 1980. I quickly progressed through all Junior Sales and Management positions, becoming General Manager for the Prairie Group [in Calgary] in 1995. By 1999, I was asked and agreed to take over as Vice President of our U.S. Operations, based out of Baltimore.
During my tenure with Sauder Industries, I was a driving force behind Aggressive Expansion which was spearheaded by Sales, Competitor Acquisitions, Business Start-Ups [expansions] and Commercial Real Estate. All of this experience is proving to be an invaluable asset as I work to meet and exceed my Real Estate Client's Goals in the Okanagan Valley.
Although I have apparent limited skills, I love to golf. I often mis-judge the most direct route to the green, seemingly favoring a walk in the trees to one on the "short grass".
My real passion is as a coach and spectator for our 2 sons. They are both avid sports nuts - with Soccer being their game of choice. [I think I directed them both this way after 20 years of playing myself] Real Estate makes it tough to coach in the summer and spring, but you can't keep me away from the bench for the indoor season!
Although my knees are no longer my friends, I have enjoyed years of curling at fairly high levels, with my major "bragging right" being the defeat of Kerry Burtnyk [2 time world Champ] in the University Play-downs in Winnipeg in 1978. OK, he wasn't all that good back then - but I can still make the claim!
During the winter months you can find us [or we'll find you] on the slopes at Big White or on any one of several toboggan slopes in the Mission area.
While I enjoy the Real Estate challenge and negotiation, I really try to keep a balance of family and business - otherwise, why are we really here?
If you are thinking about Buying or Selling Real Estate in the Kelowna area, please give me a call. [250.878.4834] I can help you realize and exceed your Real Estate Goals!
Community Involvement - Past and Present
* Meals on Wheels - delivering food hampers to the less fortunate and disabled members of our community
* Big Brothers of Canada [as a Big Brother for 5 years]
* Breast Cancer Fund Raising
* Easter Seals 24 Hour Relay Fund Raiser
* Easter Seals Splash of Color Fund Raiser
* Dollar for Every Mile Personally Walked [by Brent] Program to help send Kids with disabilities to Easter Seals Camp in Winfield. Commenced Feb 2014 - as of January 2016 - I have donated $2,210.00 [2,210 miles] to the charity
* Contributor and Auctioneer assisting Annette Lipkovits to raise funds for The Umbrella Foundation for the Children of Nepal
* Active member of "100 Men who Give a Damn" raising funds [quarterly] for local charities [in excess of $120,000.00 raised annually]
* Indoor/Outdoor Soccer coach with COYSA [Central Okanagan Youth Soccer Association] - 2007-2014
* Creator and Presenter [along with several other Realtors] of the Best Practices Training Program for new[er] and more experienced agents in our office.
* Dozens and dozens of one on one Training and Guidance Sessions with Realtors from within and outside of the C21 brokerage
* Past member of the Central Okanagan Executive [Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board] - Head of the Social Committee [3 years]
* Current Director for OMREB [Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board] Finance and Nomination Committees
* Current President of OMRA - Okanagan Mission Residents Association - bringing residents throughout the Mission area together for social and community events
* Current Head of the C21 Easter Seals Poker Fundraiser to send disabled children throughout B.C. to summer camp in Winfield. With our 6th annual event scheduled for November 2016, our team will have raised in excess of $100,000.00 for this fabulous charitable cause.
I am very involved with the Team @ Century 21 Assurance Realty as active supporters of the Easter Seals Campaign in the Central Okanagan. Year after year we continue to raise funds for this fabulous cause through a series of events including dinners, raffles, volunteer solicitations, public and private events. The Century 21 Team has been the Top Producer of Funds for this cause in each year that we have participated! We are very proud of our contributions and of our relationship with the Easter Seals Group.
Affiliated Real Estate Agent
CENTURY 21 Assurance Realty Ltd.