L'Île-des-Sœurs, February 6, 2018 - The Greater Montréal Real Estate Board (GMREB) has just released its most recent residential real estate market statistics for the Montréal Census Metropolitan Area (CMA), based on the real estate brokers’ Centris® provincial database. In total, 2,598 residential sales were concluded in January 2018, a 13 per cent increase compared to January of last year. This was the best January sales result in eight years.
Sales by geographic area
- All six main areas of the Montréal CMA registered an increase in sales in January.
- The areas of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (80 sales) and the South Shore (628 sales) led the way with respective sales increases of 31 and 22 per cent.
- Laval and the Island of Montréal went head-to-head, as both of these areas registered an 11 per cent rise in sales.
- Finally, on the North Shore and in Vaudreuil-Soulanges sales were up by 9 per cent and 7 per cent, respectively.
Sales by property category
- For a fourth consecutive quarter .......Read more.....http://www.cigm.qc.ca/en/nouvelles_comm.aspx?id=850