CENTURY 21 Bachman & Associates
- 360 Mcmillan Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3L 0N2
2,163 living area
2,400 living area
Who is Susan Belanger
I am a born and raised Winnipeg girl, hailing from Fort Garry. From an early age, I had the dual interests of entrepreneurship and helping people. My first job in high school was at the local dry cleaner. Following graduation, I assisted my sister-in-law to launch her successful hair salon off of Corydon Avenue. After I married, my husband and I opened a gourmet retail and wholesale food shop called Pasta & More on Pembina Highway that we operated for over 17 years. In between these positions, I attended university and was educated in business.
These experiences helped shape who I am today: warm and welcoming; a real "people person" with strong inter-personal communication skills (including listening!); a caring and compassionate individual; a team player and collaborator; and a trustworthy, committed, reliable and tireless worker. They also honed the skills that I needed to be a top real estate agent; business and financial acumen; marketing know-how; attention to detail; pragmatic approach to problem solving; diplomacy; solid negotiation strategies to close deals; and an uncanny ability to read or gage people. However, this business-like approach is balanced against a personality that is fun loving and easy going. I am a firm believer that business and fun mix well together. Life is too short for them not to be.
I also come from a real estate family as my father was a realtor, and my older brother and nephew are agents. I grew up having conversations and debates around the dinner table about the fluctuations in the market, land values, mortgage rates and selling strategies. I believe that real estate is in my DNA!
I know that the real estate profession dovetails my dual interests perfectly!
I am a real estate agent who is committed to providing my clients, buyers and sellers, with the highest quality service. This includes being accessible and responsive; providing up-to-date and accurate market information; listening to and understanding client needs; giving genuine, honest and focused advice; and sharing the wealth of real estate experience that I’ve garnered from my over 12 years as a real estate agent.
As my client you benefit from my knowledge of this city, business and people; my extensive community and personal contacts, and my strong work ethic.
Professional highlights are:
- Licensed Realtor with Century 21 Backman & Associates since 2006.
- Member of the Manitoba Real Estate Board.
- Chair of the SDEC (Sales Division Executive Council) of the Manitoba Real Estate Board.
- Member of the Winnipeg Realtors.
- Board of Directors member for Winnipeg Realtors.
- Chair of Member Services for Winnipeg Realtors 2013.
- Chair of the annual "Gimmie Shelter" fundraiser sponsored through Winnipeg Realtors 2013, 2014.
- Owned and operated local retail and wholesale food business, Pasta & More, for over 17 years.
- Born, raised and live in Fort Garry.
- Married to George Belanger, Canadian recording artist, songwriter and lead singer of the band "Harlequin".
- Have two grown children, a daughter and a son.
- Enjoy cooking, music, pilates, yoga and travelling.
- Take French speaking classes.
- Participate in Tap and Ballroom dancing. I would recommend both to everyone!
- Patient advocate.
Sellers, as your realtor, I can provide the following services:
- Conduct a fair and reasonable market evaluation and appraisal of your home.
- Offer advice to make your home ready to sell for top dollar including suggested structural and decorative improvements, and home staging.
- Develop a marketing plan to suit your needs.
- Arrange professional photos of your home and outdoor landscape features.
- Market your property to as many buyers and brokers as possible.
Buyers, as your realtor, I can provide the following services:
- Review and discuss your key criteria for a new home such as price, size, amenities and location.
- Develop a strategy to generate listings that meet your criteria.
- Show you properties outlining the pros and cons of each.
- Refer you to appropriate professional resources as needed such as home inspectors, bankers, mortgagors, designers, architects, builders and landscapers.
- Help you get solid mortgage advice.
- Negotiate the best deal possible.
I can offer additional value added services as required as I have relationships with home stagers, cleaners, junk removal, painters, movers, and furniture and appliance sellers.