It's been a warmer than usual February, and home owners in low lying areas are more prone to flooding. If your basement floods do you have a plan?
Here are some tips to help you along.
- Assess your damage
- Move valuable into a dry area
- Do not operate electrical equipment in a damp area
- Have an Emergency number handy when you have a flood
- Call restoration company immediately to avoid mold and further damage
Prevention of flood damage is not always realistic, but here are some things to consider.
- Check your sump pump. Is it working? Is it running constantly?
- Inspect floor drains. Are they plugged are working properly?
- Does water tend to pool in the basement? Have the concrete inspected for cracks.
- Clear window wells
- Keep eaves clear.
Here are a list of emergency services in Barrie. Contact as needed.
Photo Credit: StateFarm